Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP)
What is the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)?
The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) serves people with substance use disorders to provide the skills, and knowledge needed for recovery. IOP is a more intensive level of service than traditional outpatient service, but is less intensive than inpatient treatment. It is also designed to treat individuals with co-occurring, mental illness and substance use disorders.
How does IOP work?
The IOP provides nine or more hours of group programming per week (three hours a day, three times a week), mainly made up of counseling and education about substance-related and mental health problems. In addition, each person takes part in an individual, marital or family counseling session one hour a week and case management services as needed.
Who may benefit from these services?
The IOP is provided to adults age 18 and over and their family members. Pregnant women are given priority and are scheduled within 48 hours of referral. Other priority populations are people suffering from intravenous substance use, and individuals being discharged from detoxification facilities or inpatient treatment.
What services are provided in IOP?
- At least nine hours per week of a mix of recovery-based group process, trauma-informed interventions, and psycho-education
- Family services and/or multi-family services with family members or significant others
- Individual counseling
- Medication Management and/or MAT
- Motivational enhancement and engagement strategies, which are used in preference to confrontational approaches.
- CCSS, Comprehensive Community Support Services
- Access to 24 hour support through CHESS Connections Recovery App
If you find yourself struggling, you are not alone.
Pinwheel Healing Center, LLC offers virtual counseling services statewide and has a vast network of clinicians to address your therapy needs. Our counselors are qualified and have the tools and techniques to effectively approach a person’s condition while building a meaningful rapport with them. Please get in touch with us today and schedule an initial consultation. It’s time to begin your mental wellness journey the right way!